Sunday, February 18, 2007

Arrgh. Craigslist scammers suck

Recently, I've been trying to sell a vehicle on craigslist and so far I've received 2 people offer me certified checks. I guess they figure that I wouldn't read this obvious warning from CL.

Another guy is so persistent that he offered me $300 above my asking price if I would accept his home depot gift card offer. Apparently, he doesn't think that people can google:
Gift Card Fraud Arrest

I've used CL several times in the last 4 years and its been great but lately these jerks are screwing it up for everyone.

I guess its to be expected but I just hope others don't fall for it. Part of my angst come from recently watching this great movie about one of the biggest scams ever:
Enron.

2 comments:

author said...

Craigslist scammers are easy to spot. The big ones like Enron are trickier.

Check out this "This American Life" episode, The Fix Is In about big food company Archer Daniels Midland fixing prices. If you enjoyed Enron, this will make you nice and mad, too.

Mehul said...

Wow. I haven't heard of this one before but who wouldn't get angry in the face of such blatant cheating.